The week went pretty okay, as far as I know. I spent a lot of time with the metronome trying to get consistent speeds in the first and third movements, as well as trying to make the entire piece cohesive. I also ensured I practiced my phrasing and dynamics.
I believe I’ve accomplished everything that was set forth after last week’s lesson. The scale book that I ordered still hasn’t arrived, but I will receive photocopies of what will be assigned for the week in the interim.
I’ve also picked out a few pieces and will run it by my instructor to see if there’s one he’d preferred. It is odd to have to pick something to study, as I usually just open up books and play whatever I want based on my mood.
The lessons are going great, and I’m still very much excited to learn more and improve my skills even further.